hello

Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: alison, sonny

hello

Postby matter on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:18 pm

Hello everone,i've been registered for a while but just quietly watching.Recently built a second "wildlife" pond and have been pond dipping around Huddersfield and yorkshire sculpture park for sticklebacks this week.Have enjoyed great tips from this site and gardens web uk ponds site. Developing a (probably completely inacurate) mental picture of everyone!
mike
matter

Postby seanmckinney on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:52 am

Hello, thats two new posters in a week :D Did you get your stickle backs? Watch them for any that develop grossly distended bellies and swim in the surface, its a worm, tape?, I have forgotten exactly which. The worm modifies the fish's behaviour to make it easier for your ever friendly heron to catch, it completes the next stage of the life cycle in the heron. Dispatch any fish that show these symptoms and bin or burn the bodies.
seanmckinney

Postby Linda on Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:45 pm

Hello Mike,
I also have mental images of everyone.. especially Sean in his Wellies... but thats another story altogether. :smt119
Linda

Postby alison on Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:52 pm

We have actually seen Sean in his black bin liner and bike helmet. It was not a pretty sight :shock: . I must admit that when I saw the photo of him standing on the frozen pond I hadn't thought he would look like that, but at the same time I don't know what I had imagined. I wonder if any of us ever look like what everyone imagines. I am sure we are nothing like it. We should maybe all put a photo on of ourselves and either shock :shock: or pleasantly surprize :smt036 PonddipperDave could put one on with him wearing his fancy ties. Actually I don't think he comes on here anymore as we haven't heard from him for a while :cry:
alison

Return to Introduce yourself