Finally found you all!

Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Finally found you all!

Postby Bill_D on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:23 am

Hi all

I was an occasional visitor and poster on that other place, and like others I was wondering why it was so quiet in there nowadays!

I'm in Wiltshire. I have a small pond with just a few goldfish, too many plants, and more frogs than anyone could hope for.

After losing my first lot of fish to a heron during their first winter, I decided I wouldn't have any more. Then I was offered two oldish goldfish that had begun their lives in a pond then somewhere along the line got transferred to a tank. One died after a little over a year in my pond, after a spell of what looked like furious courtship, so I then put in two small comets to keep the other company.

Frogs turn up to breed in ever-increasing numbers each year, and I'm beginning to wonder how many mating couples a small suburban garden can cope with! This year they weren't just in the pond and the header pool, but were hopping around the grass coupled together too.

So, that's a little about me and my pond. It's nice to have found you all again - thanks for this forum, Alison!
Bill_D

Postby seanmckinney on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:49 am

Hello, I guess there wont be many people left there.
seanmckinney

Postby Tricia on Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:42 pm

chuckle - yes, it's very quiet over there now, isn't it?

Glad you found us Bill - you'll love the relaxed atmosphere that Alison and Sonny have created here.
Tricia

Tricia

Postby Bill_D on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:22 am

Tricia, I see you're in Torbay. I often stay with friends in Torquay, with its mild micro-climate. I imagine you don't have the problems with ice on the pond that many of us have? Although having said that, last time I was there a week or two ago, I did have to scrape frost off my windscreen a few times.
Bill_D

Postby Tricia on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:07 am

Yes Bill - I'm in Paignton and as yet have never had to clear ice from the pond itself - only the bird bath :) .

Next time you are coming to Torquay pm me beforehand if you'd like to come along to have a peek at my pond :P

Everybody else seems to live such a long way from the peninsular :(
Tricia

Tricia

Postby kaz on Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:12 pm

Great to see you over here Bill. We're a bit quiet... time of year :roll:

Just pitch right in :D
kaz

Postby alison on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Hi Bill :D Welcome to our forum. I hope you enjoy looking and feel free to post anytime with any subject. I mentioned my forum on the gardenweb site and was told off so it was nice to see others mentioning it the other day. :wink: It has certainly helped people to find us. Obviously in the winter months we will be quieter than normal, but I will be around most days and as Sonny and I love to take photos in the winter months I am sure that there will be lots of pics coming of waterfalls and landscapes. If you still want a chance of seeing frogs ( I know how much you love them :shock: lol. ) then look on the website and click on video clips as there are pics of frogs, swans, wrens and our garden. It helps to bring back summer in the winter months.
alison

Postby Bill_D on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:13 pm

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Tricia, thanks for the invitation to take a look at your pond next time I'm in Devon! I'll let you know when I'll next be down there.
Bill_D

Postby Kristin F. on Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi Bill :)
Kristin F.

Return to Introduce yourself