I didn't know you were here.

Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: alison, sonny

I didn't know you were here.

Postby Peterkins on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:38 pm

Hi, another defector from you know where! Hope you don't mind an "overseas" member, I have lived in Israel for the last eleven years and twenty in Austria before that. I have two ponds of about 1000 gallons each. I am currently helping my neighbour to construct a similar one, I must be a glutton for punishment ! In Austria I was an English teacher and here I am a house husband (hope that's the right term) Apart from ponds, cleaning the house, tending the garden, doing the ironing etc. I both do and enjoy cooking exotic food for my Israeli wife. Peter
Peterkins

Postby Kristin F. on Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:34 pm

Hi Peter :)
The guys here don't seem to mind "us overseas people" at all ;)
..at least I haven't been kicked out yet :shock: :lol:
Kristin F.

Postby seanmckinney on Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:47 pm

If I remember correctly you had some trouble with the neighbours dog, if correct did you get that sorted?
seanmckinney

Postby Tricia on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:03 pm

Hello and Welcome Peter :)

As I have told other newcomers - you'll love the relaxed atmosphere here. I'm sure with two ponds you'll have plenty to talk about. Most of us who only have one are regular posters :lol:
Tricia

Tricia

Postby alison on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:26 pm

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. I remember you well from the gardenweb site. I hope you will look in often and get into the jovial mood we seem to have here. You can post about almost anything here and there will be no ads to harrass you. If you want an item especially creating we can do that. Sean wanted the swaps and freebies so that was introduced onto the forum. It has been quite usefull as we have swapped quite a few pond plants. Anyway welcome again. :P
alison

Postby Peterkins on Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:46 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome. Sean you're right one of my ponds was trashed by the neighbours dog, I was loosing water fast and my pump burnt out however for some reason it stopped leaking! No idea why but it hasn't leaked (much) since. I am negotiating with the neighbour on buying a new pump and he has chained the dog up so hopefully I can get back to normal. Peter
Peterkins

Postby kaz on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:55 pm

Glad you found us :D
kaz

Return to Introduce yourself