Hi everyone

Share with us a little bit about yourself.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Hi everyone

Postby Garden Nerd on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I've finally discovered this forum and hope it will be more lively than "the other place"! I wondered where everybody was!

I'm gardening in urban Leicester. I have 3 ponds - very small ones, don't go imagining a stately home - and I enjoy them but they're not the main focus of my gardening. I'm tending to use them as a wet environment for MORE PLANTS. It's amazing what things will grow when their pot is immersed in water which you wouldn't expect. I also use my ponds in summer as a hospital area for thirsty and stressed plants - works wonders.

I also enjoy the company of the frogs, even though they frighten the life out of me whenever the jump out of the undergrowth, and waiting for the frogspawn in early spring.

I've actually done some gardening this morning, for the first time in weeks. Tidying the greenhouse, sweeping it out, chucking out the half-dead tomato plants and putting a bit of bubble-wrap on. (I know that frost will come one night.) I have used the same pieces of bubble-wrap for at least 3 years - it is starting to disintegrate a bit but will do another year. Waste not, want not, I say!

I'm glad to find a chatty gardening forum, and I like the format, much easier to negotiate than the GW format.

BFN, Heather.
Garden Nerd

Postby alison on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:54 am

Hi Heather :smt039 Welcome. It is lovely to have another like minded person to chat with. We are very friendly and often make fun of each other but only in the nicest of ways which we all understand. :wink:
How lovely to have three ponds. You must either post pics of them and your garden or tell us all about them. Sean has four ponds and although I am onto pond no.4 they are all built over the top of the previous one.
I also love my frogs and have become known by quite a lot of people as the frog lady. Yet I too jump when they suddenly hop out of the undergrowth without warning. :shock: They could at least croak beforehand so you can be prepared. Our grandchild Bethany loves them and always wants to hold them. The first thing she did throughout the spring and summer everytime was to run straight to the pond looking for frogs.
alison

Postby Anyanka on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:59 pm

Hi Heather! I recognise your Garden Nerd tag from the UK gardening forum - but I don't go there so much anymore. This place is much cosier; you really get to know everyone more. Looking forward to seeing some pics!
Anyanka

Postby Garden Nerd on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:05 am

Oh dear, I haven't got any pics. I haven't even got a digital camera any more (dropped it on the kitchen floor). Oh well, another project for me, learn how to handle digital photos, then I'll be able to sell on eBay! :D
Garden Nerd

Return to Introduce yourself