Primrose Willow

Free to a good home

Moderators: alison, sonny

Primrose Willow

Postby alison on Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:29 pm

The primrose willow is spreading fast along the pond surface so does anyone want some cuttings? It is a really pretty plant that spreads horizontally along the surfae of the pond sending out sets of stems with leaves on. When it gets bigger it suddenly sends up the leaves vertically about 6 inches high maybe and then it gets the prettiest yellow primrose flowers. There are pics on here somewhere and also I think there is one on the website.
alison

Postby Tricia on Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:01 pm

The cuttings you sent me last year have had to be severely cut back Alison. Gordon has taken some for his wee pond, but it is a bit too invasive. I already have several bright yellow flowers too. They are really brilliant this year - much bigger flower. It's odd that some plants do really well and others leave much to be desired. My irises were a complete failure - just one flower stem though I have three varieties. One water lily gave me four flowers in early June and since then nothing. I'm constantly clearing out large clumps of elodea crispa and even the hornwort I bought earlier this year is getting too much for the size of my pond. So if anyone would like hornwort or elodea crispa - just say the word!
Tricia

Tricia

Return to Freebies