Marsh marigold seeds

Free to a good home

Moderators: alison, sonny

Marsh marigold seeds

Postby seanmckinney on Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:46 am

the normal kingscup type, does any one want some?
seanmckinney

Postby alison on Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:30 am

I would love to know how you always get seeds from everything. :roll: I just let my flowers flower and then they are gone. There must be some point where I should be taking the seed before the head dies off.
I do not need any seed, but a neighbour of mine with a new pond would like to have a bit. You can send it here as you already have my address (or had it anyway as I have had some great plants from you) I will give you some postage - as each time you have sent without my reimbersing you :oops: and over time it all adds up. :)
alison

Postby seanmckinney on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:29 am

You'd better send the address again, I always loose the paper they are written on.
I just leave the flowers to do their own thing and mature. Marigold seed heads look like, from memory, ordinary buttercup seed heads 5 raidla seed pods
seanmckinney

Postby alison on Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:36 pm

Thanks Sean. The seeds have come today. :P What medium shall I plant them up in to germinate them. I haven't really done anything from seed. Is it okay to do it now or do I wait until next year so they are ready in spring like the normal plants?
alison

Postby seanmckinney on Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:32 pm

I used ordinary garden soil and had some success but you would do better asking some that knows
seanmckinney

Return to Freebies