The Oddest thing!

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

The Oddest thing!

Postby AJC on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Last night I cleaned out the goldfish tank, one of the goldies had been looking a bit off colour for a few days, closer inspection showed it had no mouth left, no it hadnt rotted off, it had sealed almost completely shut :smt017 there was just a tiny little hole in the middle of the mouth area where it sucked in water and small bits of food, it would be the equivelent of us sucking air through a straw! I had never seen anyhting like it, and do not know why or how it has happened.

I used a cuetip, cut the bud of one making a saper point, pushed it through the whole to widen it, when it was larger i push the other tipped end through wriggled it until there was a mouth sized hole and made sure that inside the mouth was clear, today the fish is mush more active, the mouth is working drawing the water through and it can take larger bits off fod, so should soon look its old self :) even if the mouth does look a tad odd :smt047

but it has me baffeld as to how or why it happened, never seen or heard the like before!
AJC

Re: The Oddest thing!

Postby alison on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:46 pm

That really is very strange. Thank goodness you had your wits about you to be able to solve the problem. Poor little mite. Hopefully it will make a full recovery. You will have to keep an eye on it though just in case it re-occurs. WELL DONE :lol:
alison

Postby kaz on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:18 am

What an odd thing. A Q-tip... how resourceful!!! Seems to have worked well :)
kaz

Postby Anyanka on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:12 pm

Must have been witchcraft. I've seen that kind of thing on the X-Files and Buffy the Vampire Slayer... (applied to humans though).
Anyanka

Postby alison on Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:38 pm

The more I think about this the more I think somewhere in the back of my mind I have heard of it before, but where and what happened I can not manage to bring forward. That's not much help is it. :? :?
alison

Return to Pond talk