Male vs. Female

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

Male vs. Female

Postby Kristin F. on Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:11 pm

Just for fun - to show in pictures, - what the difference "is" (or can be) when a man makes a pond his way, and a woman makes one her way.

Notice the borders, the use of rocks, the sizes, the Koi pond vs watergarden, the high rocky walls vs the soft grassy borders, the harsh "powerful" settings vs the cozy "soft" settings .. ok, judge for yourselfs :)

A "male" version (a 15.000 USgallon pond)

A "female" version (a 15.000 US gallon pond)

The first one is build by a man here in my neighbourhood - he is the type who would wear his hunting Rifle for dinner ..

The second one is build by a woman in Britain - it's our Kaz in England.

Just to try to explain what I ment LOL

Of course I'm not making a statement that ALL men think alike and ALL women think alike .. God forbid, :wink:
Kristin F.

Re: Male vs. Female

Postby Kristin F. on Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:49 pm

I think I should have been more specific .. you see, I have nothing against rocks .. I actually love them and have included rocks in my own pond and waterfall.

My point with this thread is - the esthetic view - regardless of the use of rocks or no rocks.

The "overall" view of a pond / water feature / Koi pond / watergarden etc.

I think that generally (not always) there is a difference in the point of view between males and females.

I'm just "throwing in a torch" so to speak, am interested in hearing your thoughts on this - I'm definitely not making statements at all, such as that women make prettier ponds / males make prettier ponds - it's always a personal choice
Kristin F.

Postby alison on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:58 pm

:D You are just trying to dig yourself out of the hole you dug now......Watch out it may fill with water and fish... :D
Actually I much prefer Kazzies pond to your man. I have of course lots of yorkshire stone all round my pond but I know when to say enough is enough and the wall is high enough. I do not dislike your neighbours though but it does lack a female touch. :smt061
alison

Postby Kristin F. on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:01 pm

LOL Alison! - you crack me up :D
neeh, I'm not worried about digging my self out of this one LOL :lol:
I did choose the "extreme examples both ways" though - the extremely masculine vs. the extreme feminine ;) ..and did that on purpose..

I'd just love to read your thoughts on this 8)
Kristin F.

Postby kaz on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:54 am

The dark lava rock used by your neighbour is unusual Kristin, but I expect it blends well with the landscape over there. When I originally made plans for my pond, I toyed around with loads of ideas and in the end I reluctantly gave up the idea of a proper koi pond (cost) and settled for something that looks as natural as possible. There is still a long way to go with developing the garden... everything is so costly :(
kaz

Return to Pond talk