My last year breeding success.

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

My last year breeding success.

Postby Saswaa on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:16 am

I had a spot of luck last year with breeding koi and goldfish.... I managed 2 Koi and 10 Goldfish, and they are now in the big pond. Here are a selected few.....

And the skyline tonight....

Last edited by Saswaa on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have 3 Ponds from 3`square to the big one. 14`x11`x6`. I have 20 koi, 2 orfe, 1 mirror, 2 big shubs, many goldfish, comets, sturgeon, grass carp, and many many more.
Saswaa

Re: My last year breeding success.

Postby alison on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:55 am

Not sure about the first one of your arm, couldn't see a fish there :shock: but the others are great. How wonderful to see them growing so well. I haven't bred anything except sticklebacks, I think my fish must all be one sex or else the fish are feasting on eggs and they haven't had a chance to live.
The skyline is beautiful. I just love the fluffy clouds.
alison

Postby kaz on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:58 am

Good to see you're having success with breeding :D.

I wondered about that first pic too Alison :shock:
kaz

Postby AJC on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:39 pm

I actually found some little goldfish fry in my small pond, the range from about 6 to 12 mm, only seen about a dozen tho, but they there :)
AJC

Postby Saswaa on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:55 am

I`ve sorted the arm problem !!! :shock: lol

Thanks for the nice comments. I only noticed the goldfish because my water had gone very cloudy one day, and saw two tiny eyes propelling through the water when i got very close, then more and more and more.... I collected as many as i could find and moved them indoors to one of my tanks to grow on a bit. When they were about 1" i put them in the top pond to overwinter. I did exactly the same for the koi however I actually watched them spawning and tried to rescue as many eggs as possible. 2 little baby koi still survive and aprrox 10-15 goldfish all at 3-5" and very fat!!

I have noticed some really nice colours in them recently, and some quite peculiar markings too!

Hopefully I will have more this year, that is if it ever stops raining and warms up a bit.
I have 3 Ponds from 3`square to the big one. 14`x11`x6`. I have 20 koi, 2 orfe, 1 mirror, 2 big shubs, many goldfish, comets, sturgeon, grass carp, and many many more.
Saswaa

Return to Pond talk