Moderators: alison, sonny

A short video of my fishes

Postby retropwr on Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:41 pm

Frisky fishes last weekend after the Friday rain

Richard
retropwr

Re: A short video of my fishes

Postby alison on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:43 pm

That was really lovely. You have so many fish. They look very happy running round (or should I say swimming round) together :D
How covered is your pond with plants? I have tried to cut back my plants so that I can get a better view of the fish as they were getting overgrown. Should it be something like 60% as I have heard that before.
alison

Postby retropwr on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Thank You :)

I believe they do say 60% cover, but mine is probably nearer 80%. There is some clear water just out of shot to the left where the water soldires a nd my one frog live :)
Richard
retropwr

Postby alison on Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:26 pm

I have since cut back on my plants. Yesterday (seeing as it was a strange day as the sun came out of hiding) I did a partial water change. I don't often change my water but the pond seemed so full of silt and thick mud in places which I have never had before that I thought I would get rid of some of the water. Well as the water went down in my shallow end the plants were easier to get hold of and I have taken a lot of the primrose willow out and some of my stripey grass. It looks a lot better now and I can see the fish again. The one thing I worry about when I have a lot of plant coverage is the fact that the sun can't get down and the fish are in shade. They have enough of the darkness in winter months so I would have thought they need all the sunlight they can get in the summer.
alison

Postby retropwr on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:29 pm

When the sun's out mine hide under the floaters anyway :(
Richard
retropwr

Return to Pond talk