I'm fuming!

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

I'm fuming!

Postby dampflippers on Sat May 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Sitting here at the computer I heard a commotion in the garden, and looked up to see a wet spaniel haring round.
It has been in 2 ponds, and the big one at least 3 times, churning things up.
I chased it out, and I shall be really cross if it has caused any puncture in the liner.
The garden backs on to an unused field which people often walk their dog in. Our boundary is very old hawthorn trees, so there are gaps (filled wth nettles).
Anyway, we have propped up an old pallet in the gap we think it used.
Grrr!
dampflippers

Re: I'm fuming!

Postby kaz on Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

No sign of the owners then?
kaz

Postby alison on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:08 pm

I think I would be looking over the hedge to see if I could see the dog with it's owners and get them to pay for any damages. Unfortunately it may be a dog that is let loose to roam and the owners don't care. Have we seen any pictures of your ponds Damp?
alison

Postby dampflippers on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:50 pm

I could actually hear a female voice frantically calling for it from across the field, so she knew it had got in a garden.
I'm afraid I shouted at it, so she may have heard and will avoid this corner for a while.
It did actually stop when I called it a bad dog. That's when I told it to go home and it went.

Anyway, the pond levels haven't gone down, so no lasting damage done.
dampflippers

Postby alison on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Thank goodness for that. It is always a worry. Next doors cat always comes for a drink of water from our pond and I often think it will put a hole in the liner, but so far so good. Since putting in the little pond which is a prefab he goes onto that instead so my liner is safe now.
alison

Return to Pond talk