Frogs must be due- Mr Heron is waiting!

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

Frogs must be due- Mr Heron is waiting!

Postby dampflippers on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:58 pm

It must be time for the frogs to return to my ponds because Mr Heron has taken up residence at the top of the Hawthorn trees in our garden, and keeping watch on the pond edges.
I need to put some sort of deterrent there, but not until I have taken out dead leaves. There are loads of dead iris an other leaves that need to come out now...but the weather keeps putting me off.
dampflippers

Re: Frogs must be due- Mr Heron is waiting!

Postby alison on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 am

Unfortunately the weather will not stop Mr Heron. :( My frogs came back at the begining of the week. It was lovely last night to hear the soft tones of the frogs calling. I find it really soothing. I wanted to do my little pond before they came back as with not having anything living in it I have left it and the leaves have really fallen in, so that will be my job tomorrow. Good luck with keeping Mr Heron out.
alison

Postby dampflippers on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:49 am

I haven't spotted any frogs yet, but I haven't had a good look with a torch yet.

Anyone who is interested in crafts, please look in the Shed.
dampflippers

Postby alison on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:11 pm

I did my little pond yesterday and there were already 12 or so frogs in, some mating and some just waiting..... :D
There are already quite a few in the big pond as well so I was surprized so many went into the little 'puddle pond'.
alison

Return to Pond talk