What a shock

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

What a shock

Postby alison on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 pm

I got up this morning to find when looking out at the pond that there was hardly any water left in it. :shock: There was none on the shallow half at all and only half of the amount in the deepend. The waterfall pump was out of the water and making a shocking noise so that was my first job to try to put it back into the bottom of the pond where there was still some water (after turning it off of course). I took the oportunity to clean it though and pull some of the plants out that were unabled to be reached properly when it was full of water. I think that the waterfall pipe had been moved by the fox as it came into the garden so the water was draining out of the sides of the waterfall instead of staying within it's bounds. It took a few hours to fill up again though. All is now well and the fish are swimming in a pond full of water albeit probably a bit colder than it had before as it is freezing up here. I bet anyone looking would have had a shock themselves as I was out with just my pyjamas on and a pair of Lucy's pumps on my feet. I suddenly felt how cold it was when my hand was red raw for having it in the water pulling out stray leaves from the sycamore tree. I just suddenly felt the coldness of it but luckily I had finished near enough so came in and warmed it up. :D
alison

Return to Pond talk