Autumn clean up

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

Autumn clean up

Postby alison on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Just wondering if you had all started to cut back your pond plants etc ready for the winter period. I still haven't started yet but today I did cut back one of the bushes near the pond and tried to retrieve many of the leaves that had fallen in. I think it is going to take a full day in the garden to get mine back into a neat and tidy back garden. I don't mind being out in the cold as long as I am well wrapped up but I wouldn't like to do it all in the rain. We seem to have a lot of rain lately here. Are any of you ready?
alison

Re: Autumn clean up

Postby alison on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:46 am

I still haven't started on the actual pond yet as the weather hasn't been that good and I have been ill myself and not quite up to having the therapy working in the garden gives me. I was looking out today as the gale force winds are moving all my plants across the pond that I really will need to get out soon. It is such a busy time of year and I am making my Christmas cards, wrapping presents and trying to get my house back in some form of order before they all descend and wreck it again that the garden has been neglected of late.
Is anyone going to salt their pond this autumn? I have only done it once or twice before but I am not sure wether to or not. Let me know.
alison

Return to Pond talk