Moon (as opposed to Sun) Bathing

Talk about the frogs and other pondlife here

Moderators: alison, sonny

Moon (as opposed to Sun) Bathing

Postby alison on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:50 am

Tonight was the first time the frogs have actually been seen sitting on the lilypads. It was a nice surprise. They are only small frogs so probably 2 or 3 years old. There were three on the lilypads and one on the ducks back. It is an old decoy duck but looked quite realistic in the pond.

alison

Postby Tricia on Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:01 pm

Lovely photos Alison - Sonny, no doubt? :wink:

I think I have at least one frog. I almost stepped on one on the steps by my patio doors a while back. I put him on to greenery in the pond and he dived in. Then a few days ago one jumped into the water from the ledge as I was pouring fish food. Made me jump :lol:

Gordon is quite sad that Jimmy and Jemima seem to have deserted him. He had lots of tadpoles though, so maybe some froglets will return next year.
Tricia

Tricia

Postby Anyanka on Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:32 pm

Great photos!

I think Piper (the greyhound) killed a frog recently - sitting by the pond in the dark, I heard her retching and spitting. The next day we found a dead frog just where she'd been. I only hope that it tasted so revolting that she'll leave them alone in the future! :cry:
Anyanka

Postby alison on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:25 am

The other night I took a few pictures of three frogs sitting on top of the duck and others hiding in the lilypads. Just their eyes were visable shining in the flashlight. Unfortunately as it was my camera and me as opposed to Sonny and his camera they are not good enough to be put on. :cry: :cry: but I was pleased to see how many frogs were actually in the pond as there were plenty of eyes everywhere. The photos were good enough for me though so are put in my adobe album. The best thing about keeping photo's is that in the winter when everything has gone into hibernation or hiding we can take out our photo's and remember and look forward to the coming spring. I often look back at the video clips on the website as the little frogs are 'purring' away and in the stage of spawning. It just makes me smile :lol: :D :P
alison

Postby kaz on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:52 pm

Lovely pics Alison. I am thrilled to report that a frog (somehow) managed to get into my raised patio pond last week. That must've been quite some leap :shock:
kaz

Return to Pondlife