'Nice' surprise

Talk about the frogs and other pondlife here

Moderators: alison, sonny

'Nice' surprise

Postby retropwr on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:57 pm

There I was sitting next to the pond tidying up the Marsh Marigold and a frog leapt out at me and bounced off my sholder and onto the slate slabs behind the pond.
As it was hot, and he was in the sun, I managed to grab him and put him back to the water, and spotted another one clinging to a pot. :D .

Further plant tidying revealed that there are at least 4 of them, saw 3 together and they were bigger than the Ninja frog which attacked me. :D
Richard
retropwr

Re: 'Nice' surprise

Postby alison on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:36 am

How brill. :D I love frogs. The tadpoles have all changed to froglets now and most of our large parent frogs are all very 'tame' they just sit quite nicely on our hands or arms without moving away. Bethany the eldest grandchild loves them and catches them all the time. She could spend hours just looking for frogs.
alison

Postby kaz on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 am

Lucky you Richard... I'd love to have frogs here (only ever seen a couple since getting rid of the old pond).

You love frogs Alison? Well I never................. :)
kaz

Postby alison on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:04 pm

:lol: You made me giggle. :lol: actually I can't think of anyone who doesn't know I love frogs. I wanted to call the house 'the frogery' but I had to make do with my little sitting room being called it and now it is more of a toy room than a frogery. It also holds all my crafting supplies as I have started making my own birthday cards etc which I enjoy doing. My signature on the back is a frog with 'handcrafted by Alison' underneath it. I had thought about just putting the frog as everyone would know anyway.
I am really enjoying watching the tiny froglets trying to get back into their new home after they have ventured outside. I just sit next to the pond and out of the corner of my eye I can see them getting nearer and nearer until they just hop up onto the stones and jump in. :D
alison

Postby retropwr on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:16 pm

Kaz, I bet there are loads of frogs hiding in that lovely big pond you are leaving behind.
Richard
retropwr

Postby kaz on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:45 pm

Rub it in Richard!!! I'm mega panicking about whether moving is the right thing... time will tell. I don't think frogs like koi... I might be wrong.
kaz

Postby alison on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Well it has just poured down here and as I was looking out of the window I saw a frog leaping along the grass. Then another, and another and another etc until I saw 5 in total all following each other by leaping across the grass. I am sure they are on their way to feed on the snails etc that come out when it has rained.
alison

Return to Pondlife