New Home

Talk about the frogs and other pondlife here

Moderators: alison, sonny

New Home

Postby alison on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 am

Last week my sister in law phoned me to say could we broach the subject of our mother in laws pond to her as she has had a leak for a while and it was losing so much water.. The water quality was not good and the fish couldn't be seen at all and my brother in law was concerned that the pond would only get worse. He went to see how bad the leak was but found 5 . His mum is in her 80's now and although she is very active and has kept all her marbles he felt that it would be too much for her to continue looking after the fish. We thought she wouldn't go for getting the fish given away so my sister in law said we would foster the fish until next year when my mother in law could finally make up her mind about keeping the pond or getting rid..
So now I have had 12 additions to my pond obviously not a good time to move them but if the frost and ice came and covered the pond like it has on previous occasions the fish would be done for anyway so it seemed a good option to take.
All the fish seem to be okay. Just spring time will tell if they have survived the move okay. Lets hope so.
alison

Re: New Home

Postby alison on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:23 pm

all seems to be well with the fish at the moment and today i was talking to a friend at my crafting group who used to live down south somewhere and she had sold her home which had a pond in it. she had to say that she wanted the newts out of the pond on the forms for the solicitor before getting the house sold. So i said are you getting your newts then and she said yes when she gets a pond I said can i have some and she said yes she has loads so i am very happy .
alison

Return to Pondlife