Some blooms I dont think I have posted photos of

marginals, oxygenators etc.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Some blooms I dont think I have posted photos of

Postby seanmckinney on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:24 pm

Conqueror, this is a new one about a month ago that I simply removed the old pot and repotted the rootball and soil in a larger pot, quite dainty

Sioux, its a variable as the label says, pink is one of the possibilities

An as yet unopened James Brydon

I forget which this is a photo of but think its Joey Tomocik

Ditto but think this is labelled as Tetragonna alba, that label is wrong although I think two species are called tetr........

Ditto but think this is chromatella

Red spider it didnt open properly thanks, I think and hope, to an aphid attack
seanmckinney

Postby Tricia on Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:05 pm

Nice to see such a variety Sean - I have Firecrest which did nothing after I split the rhizome this year and the unidentified whitish pink one which gives me one or maximum two flowers at a time and quite small pads. The main shade in my pond right now is the water hyacinth which has multiplied to such an extent from two plants in June that over half the pond is covered!

Tricia
Tricia

Postby alison on Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:06 pm

They are so beautiful. You have a lovely selection. Are these some of the rarer ones you bought? I don't know the names of any of mine. I was just happy to know I had a pink and a yellow one.
I think out of your pictures my favourite is the white one. Tetragonna alba. I think it is so pretty. :smt060
alison

Postby kaz on Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:49 pm

Scrummy... I particularly like the yellow Joey :D. I'd like yellow and white in the big pond next year. You've got green fingers mate :D
kaz

Postby alison on Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:32 pm

I have just found out my yellow one is called Colonel A.J.Welch. ( I found the label in a pond book I forgot I had :P )
alison

Postby whis4ey on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:47 am

Kaz ... those are't green fingers, those are dirty fingers :lol:
Beautiful selection of lilies though :)
whis4ey

Postby seanmckinney on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:13 am

James Brydon, red spider are two of the rarer ones, the Joey Tomocik also came from England but may not be rare as I had one bought here but that didnt make it hence the 'English' one.
Kazzie as far as I remember I am supposed to be sending you a chromatella, I need to look for the thread because there is another person due one too.
Tricia has your firecrest ever bloomed? I think I can show you the bloom if you would like.
Sam I washed them last ........... ummmm ....... :oops:
seanmckinney

Postby Tricia on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:32 am

Yes, Sean - the Firecrest bloomed in it's first year (bought from Bromfield Aquatics), very pretty it was too. But it got so big I separated it into 3 pieces in the Spring, gave one piece to Gordon (he got one bloom only) but my two pieces did nothing much at all. One piece I threw away in the end and the other piece has sent up a couple of very small pads. If it doesn't do any better next year it will come out :( . Us girls are waiting for Sam to sort us out some nice rhizomes :lol:, aren't we? so they should make a difference too.

Tricia
Tricia

Postby Linda on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:15 pm

They're a lovely collection of beautiful plants. I'm far too disorganised to keep a record of what I've planted, I do envy your record keeping.
Linda

Postby kaz on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:52 pm

HaHa Sam... whatever colour, he sure has the knack :D

Sean... I look forward to receiving lily. What can I trade with you?
kaz

Return to Pond plants