Why is it ....

marginals, oxygenators etc.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Why is it ....

Postby retropwr on Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:06 pm

that every year just as the Lobelia starts to flower it gets windy and blows them over :(

Richard
retropwr

Re: Why is it ....

Postby alison on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:41 pm

You're gonna have to get some stakes in before they get big and tie them to your netting as the wind doesn't care at all that you have been waiting for that very special moment when the flowers are just popping out. But you are the lucky one :lol: . Mine have always been eaten before they get 6 inches high by the slugs and snails. I stopped buying them in the end as somehow they always managed to reach them and have a great feast. They are very pretty though and I would love to have some in my pond.
One thing that I have noticed has returned has been just one stem of the purple loosestrife that I used to have in abundance. I thought it had completely died out as I had given a lot away and then found myself without any new ones growing. Suddenly there it is growing on the edge of the pond so that has been a wonderful treat to see. Hopefully it will come back each year from now on.
Your pond is looking really lovely as usual. I really love to see your pics. I must get my act together and try to remember how to do these things for myself. I always rely on Sonny to do all the photo's and anything computer related, but when I get a spare minute I will give it another go as we got so many lovely photo's over the last few weeks it would be a shame not to put any on. I think Sonny probably has updated his gallery so there might be some new ones on.
alison

Return to Pond plants