Trisha do you remember..

marginals, oxygenators etc.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Trisha do you remember..

Postby alison on Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:33 pm

giving me some cuttings or tubers I think they were of some kafir lily plants? I planted them at the far side of the pond a couple of years ago but nothing became of them. I thought I must have done something wrong, when just a couple of weeks ago I saw a pinky flower through the pondplants and realised that for the first time the lily has flowered. I was so thrilled. It came as such a surprise. I hope to see more next year. It is still flowering now :D :D Thankyou :D
alison

Re: Trisha do you remember..

Postby retropwr on Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:04 pm

My Kafir lilys are just starting to flower as well - I have had some flower all the way through to February in the past.
Richard
retropwr

Postby alison on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:03 pm

Three seperate plants have now come up and are all flowering. It is good to know they flower for a long time. I am glad I just left them hidden away and didn't dig over when I thought they had not taken.
alison

Postby Tricia on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi Alison - so glad to hear the Kafir lilies have come good after all this time! Mine are still blooming, but coming to an end. They do flower for a long time - such a lovely splash of colour late in the year. I cut them right back after flowering when the rest of the irises and other plants get trimmed down for the winter.

I'm trying to find someone to clean my pump and box filter on a regular basis - not easy! I can no longer do so many things in my garden as, unfortunately, the knee operation was not a success. I'm left with a painful, almost stiff leg, which the surgeon today told me is a puzzle as the X-rays look perfect. Oh well - somehow I'll just have to carry on. He wants to see how I am coping six months from now. Then the option of re-doing the op. will be assessed. To be honest, I don't think I could go through it all again and will probably carry on with painkillers and a hop-along-Cassidy way of walking!
Tricia

Tricia

Postby alison on Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Oh Tricia how awful. None of your ops seem to be successful. What a way to end up with a stiff leg and stiff back after operations that were thought to be just the thing you needed to bring you back to health.
Maybe you will have to advertise your spare fish in return for cleaning your filterbox as you always had plenty of babies to give away.. :D
alison

Return to Pond plants