Autumnwatch

The wildlife in and around your garden

Moderators: alison, sonny

Autumnwatch

Postby alison on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:12 am

I don't know how many of you watch Autumnwatch but we do here and also Autumnwatch unsprung. It is very informative and is lovely to see such wildlife and learn all about them. Anyway tonight on Autumnwatch unsprung they had a quiz and one question was sent in by Dampflippers and I wondered if it is the Dampflippers that we know and love. :D Are you still around here Damp and was it you who sent in the question.
alison

Re: Autumnwatch

Postby alison on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Something that was said on Autumnwatch last week was that although we may think we know the birds in our garden we would be surprized as the birds have come from other countries so are probably not the same birds we think they are from previous times. Well for quite a few years I had 2 blackbirds that had some white feathers on them and they definitely looked the same each year. I wonder if they do remember and when they set off back from Sweden which is where they said the blackbirds were, they do actually remember the same gardens.
I find this programme very interesting and informative. It is amazing how much knowledge they have between them.
I think they also mentioned about collard doves having a parasite or something. I don't remember hearing it but my sister told me about it. I had a collard dove which looked ill for a few days and finally succumbed to death on my bird table. I wonder if it had this parasite. Does anyone remember hearing anything about it?
alison

Return to Wildlife