Something free for a change

Chill out and chat about anything.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Something free for a change

Postby alison on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Today we went to our local shopping centre and for the first time that I can remember there was entertainment on for free. It was for halloween faces really where the children could get their faces painted and enter colouring competitions of witches. Beth became a lion, her face was brilliant. Lucy became a dalmation dog and Jasmine had flowers and butterflies painted on her face. Not many took up the challenge of having a devils face or frankinstein though but I did see one girl with a spiders web and a lovely little black spider on her cheek. Nice to be on the receiving end instead of losing money for a change. :D
alison

Re: Something free for a change

Postby retropwr on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Always nice to get something for free :D

Perhaps we'll get more of that kind of thing as shopping centres try to tempt us in in the run up to Christmas
Richard
retropwr

Re: Something free for a change

Postby alison on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:51 pm

I think that was what they intended. I think they put posters up to tell us about future entertainment. In fact they have had some car racing done with big T.V screens and formula one type cars which I now realise would have also been free to entice people in. Anyway I guess it isn't fully free because they charge us 70 pence for parking which I think is disgraceful as it had always been free for many years before they took over. It is the only shopping centre near us to charge for parking but it is the nearest for me and to park round about is nigh on impossible.
alison

Return to The garden shed