Hope you are all well.

Chill out and chat about anything.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Hope you are all well.

Postby alison on Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:05 pm

Hope everyone is well as we are quite quiet on here lately. There seems to be a lot of illness about. :( Sonny was ill for awhile and I have been quite ill this past week. Just with bad colds but they soon can get us down when we are really busy people as we try our hardest to carry on as normal just dosing ourselves up with medication instead of doing the right thing which is to take it easy and stay home and rest with plenty of fluids.
Anyway if you are ill Sonny and I wish you a speedy recovery and if you wish to moan because you are full of flu or other illnesses please feel free to come on and moan.
Take care
Alison
alison

Re: Hope you are all well.

Postby Tricia on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi Alison,

I usually pop in at some time during the evening, but as you say it has been very quiet here lately. Not much doing, I guess. I hope you and Sonny will soon be fully fit again.

Gordon and I are both well, though he is very sad as this morning he had to have Lucy, his remaining dog, put down after she suffered a bad stroke. Both his dogs reached 15 years, so they had long lives. Titch died back in the summer which leaves Gordon all alone. He feels he is too old to take on another dog, so he will probably spend more time here with me.

Here in the southwest it is very cold for this time of year, but at least the sun shone today which made it quite pleasant to go shopping.
Tricia

Tricia

Postby Ponddipperdave on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:08 am

Hi all,
I'm still here.
Just had a Radial Angiogram (that means through the wrist)
I have an all clear but my right arm is still aching terribly two weeks after.
Anyone know anything about these ?
Still pulling baby newts out of the nursery up till the ice set in a week ago.
Dave :D
Hi All,
Dave here
What's an ICQ Number ?
Ponddipperdave

Postby alison on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:56 pm

What a shame about Gordons dog. They soon become part of the family and we feel their deaths just as much as a family member. I know when we lose Velcro (our cat) we will be devastated as it is our last cat. We had two litters from his mum Vicky 14 years ago and he is the last one left alive out of the kittens even though Vicky is still going strong at the age of 16 but lives next door at our neighbours. She wanted a better cut of food and decided along with another of our previous cats to move in next door where the food was fresh fish and steak. They were catnapped by the neighbours. We used to be shouting them to come in at night and we would eventually go next door to see if they had seen them and lo and behold the old guy would come to the door with one of them draped around his shoulders. Eventually they didn't come back home.
We have always had cats but Sonny says we can't have any more as he just gets too attached to them and it is too painful when they pass away. Our last two died at the age of 16 and 11. Trigger of natural old age and Tiddles with cancer. We had them both as strays from a very early age. So at least they had a good life with us. Speaking of the cat he has just come in to say his master is home and he wants feeding. He is purring loudly and giving the odd miaow. Sonny always gives in to him immediately whereas he knows he has to wait with me. :lol:

Dave has it been a problem with your heart then? It doesn't sound too nice. I don't know anything about it but I would advise you to ring back the hospital to see if you should still be having pain after two weeks. Maybe it is just some internal bruising from putting in the device. Hope you will soon be feeling 100%.
alison

Return to The garden shed