Merry Christmas

Chill out and chat about anything.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Merry Christmas

Postby alison on Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:54 pm

Merry Christmas everyone. We hope you are all enjoying this special time with your families. I love christmas from first buying the presents and wrapping them up, but especially giving them away. The grandchildren are all so excited that you cannot but feel their excitement and be happy. We especially remember why we celebrate christmas and the girls love singing christmas carols and fun songs. Jasmine loves jingle bells and although she is only 3 she can sing it really well :D
Sonny has taken beautiful photos of the grandchildren to give to each of the parents and for once we managed to get all our boys together and all the grandchildren here at the same time.
Christmas goes for about three days as they take different days to come so Mark and Nikki came with Kai, Kaitlin and Jasmine on christmas eve. Ian, Esther and the girls, Abigail, Rachel and Imogen are coming today. Darren, Emma and the girls Bethany and Lucy are coming on boxing day. So we have lovely times with all of them.
We really wish you happy times and a lovely new year with much prosperity and a good ponding year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
alison

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby Tricia on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:13 am

Glad to hear you are enjoying the holiday season Alison. Gordon and I spent it here quietly - mostly watching DVD's, TV, reading - and eating, of course.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Tricia
Tricia

Tricia

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby alison on Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:52 am

Well like a lot of people I was pretty ill over christmas which put a bit of a damper on it. :( Just on boxing day though but that was the day the family were actually going to eat christmas dinner with us. They all stayed at home to have christmas dinner so it was quiet for Sonny and I on christmas day until Ian came with the family in the late afternoon, but they didn't want or need feeding after munching their way to teatime. Sonny is a bit of a "bah humbug" usually whereas I go over the top and love christmas. Decorations both inside and out (but very tasteful I might add :D ) He is used to it now though and has stopped saying anything when the tree all decorated goes up outside the front door :lol:
He doesn't like christmas dinner (or sunday dinners which are very much on the same line) so out of the three days of the boys coming I had told them that one of them would have to come for dinner or I wouldn't get a christmas dinner at all. We had decided on it being our youngest son Darren with Emma his wife and Bethany and Lucy on boxing day.
I got up feeling fine and put the meat on but within a couple of hours felt very sick and just progressed quickly so that in the end Darren and his grandma (sonny's mum) had to finish off the dinner. I was still being sick late into the evening but luckily that was it - finished.
Three days later and I am still feeling rough but much improved. I think next year we had better attempt to have our christmas dinner on Christmas eve :shock:
Other than that christmas was still as special as usual but I must tell you that our Bethany is a star. She is 10 and her sister Lucy is 7. I had kept all the childrens presents under our bed until the day of their coming and had brought them out and taken them downstairs before they arrived each day. But when I finally crawled into bed on boxing night I found quite a few of Bethanys still on top of the bed which I had forgotten as I became so ill. I had carried down most of them but somehow forgot to go back for the rest. The next day I gave her them and she said to me "I thought Lucy got much more than me" but she hadn't said a word and had just accepted it. What a lovely child she is, never murmurring or feeling badly done to. I am very privilleged to have such wonderful grandchildren.
alison

Return to The garden shed