Still on strike

Chill out and chat about anything.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Still on strike

Postby alison on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:28 pm

In Leeds the refuse collectors are on strike. They have been out for 7 weeks now I think. They tell us to put out our bins as usual on collection day and hope for the best. If they are not collected to put them out on the next regular day. We have had the black bins collected a couple of times out of the 7 weeks but the most annoying thing is that both times they have also taken my extra recycling which has been kept completely seperate. Yesterday I put out my black bin at one side of my drive with the extra bags of stuff for the tip next to it. At the completely other side of the drive I put out my green recycling bin with black bin liners at the side of it open to show the card and paper, tins etc for recycling. (they haven't taken the recycling bin for over two months now).
When I came home I noticed that the black bin and bags had been taken but that the bin men had also gone to the green bin right across the other side of the drive and taken all the recycling which was in black binbags. They left the green bin still full to overflowing. What is the point of me trying to still recycle when they go and put it all in the refuse truck bound for the tip. If I had not recycled I would have been in trouble with the council and yet here they are putting it all together. It does get me cross.
alison

Return to The garden shed