Moderators: alison, sonny

Probably not

Postby kaz on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:22 am

Anyone here use facebook?
kaz

Re: Probably not

Postby Scotty24 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi Kaz
Yes I use Facebook. I have friends and relatives in New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the USA so find Facebook a great way to keep in touch, share photos etc.
As I haven't contributed to this forum for a long, long time (illness) I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year xxx
Scotty24

Postby kaz on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Wow Sue... how lovely to hear from you after all this time. Sorry you have not been well... are you fully recovered now? What are your plans for 2010?
kaz

Postby Ponddipperdave on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi Alison,
And everybody. Happy new year for 2010.
Yes, I'm a facebook user. Its a way of keeping in touch with my estranged family.
Why do you ask Kaz ?

David
Hi All,
Dave here
What's an ICQ Number ?
Ponddipperdave

Postby alison on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi Sue and Dave. It is really lovely to see your names crop up every so often. :D Happy new year to you both.
I don't use facebook but hear about loads of things from my family and friends that do use facebook.
I also hope you have recovered Sue from your illness and hope your little dogs are well.
Dave I hope your family are just estranged through distance and not through fall outs :( I have a brother who is quite estranged from the family and it was very hard when Mum died due to those circumstances.
alison

Postby Tricia on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Yes - Happy New Year to everyone from me too - but no, I don't use Facebook Kaz. I prefer to keep in touch by phone, as I have free international calls with my phone and broadband provider. Apart from calls to my friends from all over, it's lovely chatting to my sister in Canada whenever I feel the need (which is often :lol: ).
Tricia

Tricia

Postby kaz on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 pm

The reason I ask about facebook is that my friends and younger family seem to have 'hundreds' of 'friends'. Do people just add anyone and everyone? My father comes across as a bit of a nutter on there (which he really isn't... just his humour... actually, I think he made quite a few crazy comments on my cruise blog which was a bit embarrassing at the time).

Sorry to hear about the relationship between you and your brother Alison.
kaz

Postby alison on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 pm

I have always stayed in touch with my brother and so it was left to me to tell him the news about my mum. He didn't come to her funeral but I know that he was thinking about her. It is such a shame when things in the past get such a hold on someone that it causes a separation between those that love each other. I know my mum loved him very much and he does love her also.
As to the facebook I think that you just send a message to people from your facebook account asking if they want to be your 'friend' Usually it is people that you know in the beginning but then I think others can ask to be on your friends list and you can choose to say yes or no to them. I hope that is right.
alison

Postby dampflippers on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:15 pm

I have recently joined, but don't use it often. I have joined not to met my friends, but too look at various organisation's facebook sites.
I have found that if I have a "friend", then anyone who is friends with them automatically is shown as a suggestion form me to make friends with me. I suspect some people just accept them all, but I don't. I decide whether or not to accept people who want to be my friend, and onmly accept the suggested ones if I actually know them.
I do think it a bit intrusive that I now here that my friend has made friends with other people, and don't really like that.
So...I am proceeding with caution. It's also quite difficult because I don't actually know the proper names of alot of my online friends, or I only know their maiden names, and I certainly don't know what most of the look like.
dampflippers

Return to The garden shed