Happy New Year!

Chill out and chat about anything.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Happy New Year!

Postby Tricia on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:35 am

A very Happy New Year to everyone - especially to Alison and Sonny for keeping this site going. You both do a wonderful job and I'm sure we all appreciate it - I know a lot of members are more lurkers than posters, but I, for one would miss Alison's newsy posts and Sonny's photos - so long live Alison's Nature Reserve!
Tricia

Tricia

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby alison on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh Tricia Thankyou so much for your lovely words. I have not been on for a while myself as my back went (severe slipped disks trapping my sciatic nerve) since Christmas Eve it has been very painfull. I am finally getting a bit better but have really struggled with not being able to go into the garden and do things with the pond and generally tidy up now the ice and snow have finally gone. Just sitting for a few minutes on here to read any posts has been lovely.But it can only be a few minutes and the pain is too much.
We do thank everyone for being here and supporting us and hope that you all have a happy and healthy and prosperous new year.
I hope you got your christmas card Tricia. I don't seem to have any other addresses to send to but I hope you all had a lovely christmas.
Love Alison xx
alison

Postby retropwr on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 am

Happy new year to everyone
I hope your back gets better soon Alison
Richard
retropwr

Postby Tricia on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:36 pm

Poor you Alison! Been there, done that and 4ops. too, so I feel for you. Hope you are on the mend now. I found that back-strengthening exercises on a sit-up bench helped a great deal. I only had one flare-up last year - and that was probably because I can no longer do the sit-ups because of my knee. Oh well - I guess at coming up to 77 I should be glad I'm okay otherwise :). Take care!
Tricia

Tricia

Postby alison on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Well I am beginning to feel a lot better. Mornings are still hard but with the new medication (Diclofenic sodium and Diazepam) along with my normal painkillers (Co-codamol, Tramadol and pain modifier Gabapentin) they are beginning to do the job. This morning I was able to sit down after an hour so that is an improvement and it wasn't as painful walking around. I am on the mend. Hurrah :D
It is a while since I had a flare up as bad as this one so I am hoping it will be a long time before I have another.
I still haven't been able to do anything with the pond except fill it up. I can't believe it but the water all went on top of the ice. I thought the ice had gone but it is still lurking. One large fish was dead but hopefully that is all. There were quite a few dead sticklebacks on the waterfall pump though. The small pond is still mainly frozen and I did find a small frog near the pond which I think must have frozen to death. Not a very good way to start the new year :(
alison

Return to The garden shed