New Pets

Chill out and chat about anything.

Moderators: alison, sonny

New Pets

Postby alison on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:03 pm

After Velcro died being the last of our many cats we had decided not to get another one. Then after a little while someone mentioned that a cat needed a home. Anyway nothing transpired on that front but on friday our son phoned and asked me if I knew anyone who wanted some little Finches. I said no I didn't but now we don't have a cat I wouldn't mind them myself. They were going to be homeless as the family were emigrating to New Zealand and needed to be out the following monday (yesterday). I said I would have to have the cage and everything so lo and behold within twenty minutes we have found ourselves with two lovely finches. A dark brown male with only one foot and a light taupe coloured female. They are so lovely. Sonny arrived home from work just after we got them I hadn't had time to mention it to him but he was fine about it and keeps looking and feeding and watering them so I reckon he secretly is happy with our new additions to the fanily. :D
alison

Re: New Pets

Postby alison on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:02 pm

The finches are doing very well and have put on lots of weight and are looking healthy. I think they may have been a little neglected whilst the family were getting ready to move as the cage was very dirty and the birds didn't have any food to keep them going other than that which was in the little dishes. The male finch was quite thin but now he has put on weight he looks very nice. Do you think they could be inclined to eat too much if lots is available to them?? I don't want to overfeed them and be the cause of any problems healthwize.
alison

Return to The garden shed