Any woolly people out there?

Chill out and chat about anything.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Any woolly people out there?

Postby dampflippers on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:14 pm

If anyone likes knitting, crochet , felting or tapestry, then have a look at the Woolsack website today.
www.woolsack.org

The Woolsack Porject asks people to make cushions using British wool, to be given as their gift to an Olympic or Paralympic competitor.
Any method can be used, but you must use British wool, and it must be 16 inches / 40cm square.
You must not stuff it yourself, but either post if off empty or stuff it with donated wool at a stuffing event.

There are rules about not using olympic logos or words, otherwise the colour and the design is up to you.

So far I have made 1 1/2 knitted ones using my plastic knitting rings, and I've nearlyy finished 2 needlefelted ones (on to recycled old wool blanket)
There is a facebook page and a Ravelry forum group- just search for woolsack.

If there are a group of you doing it or you can get to an organised event, there is some free wool available (for P&P)

20,000 are needed (!) so get going and pass it on to all your friends and relatives.

(If there are gaps in crochet or knitting you will need to use wool fabric or felt to line it as the stuffing is carded fleece.
dampflippers

Re: Any woolly people out there?

Postby alison on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:16 pm

This sounds really good. I do knit but mainly just very small baby cardigans and soft toys. The last toy I did was last year and it was a cinderella topsy-turvy doll. She was in plaits and a patched skirt on one side and on the other she was in a ball gown and her hair was up in ringlets. She took a bit of doing but looked lovely when finished.
alison

Re: Any woolly people out there?

Postby dampflippers on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:59 am

She sounds lovely- must have taken ages!
I'm noit a good knitter but I love needlefelting.
dampflippers

Return to The garden shed