Foggy day

You can show off your pics here

Moderators: alison, sonny

Foggy day

Postby retropwr on Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:23 pm

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics taken at work this morning.

Richard
retropwr

Postby alison on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:19 pm

Wow Richard it looks like you work in a lovely place. They are really nice photo's. Well Done.
It was a complete whiteout here this morning and part of the pond was frozen and the little tank was frozen over, but no fog. We had a little fog yesterday but not like you. The birds were all waiting for some seed just sitting on the branches of the sycamore tree until I went and put their food out. They will really need it on these sorts of days.
alison

Postby retropwr on Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:34 pm

Thanks.

I work for a charity and our offices are in the grounds of a training/conference centre so there are over 50 acres to wander around :). Theres even a fish pond :D
Richard
retropwr

Postby Anyanka on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:47 pm

You lucky person! I wouldn't mind working if it involved a place like that...

Good photographs, by the way, very atmospheric. I've been walking the dogs in conditions like that the last couple of days; on Monday morning there were frosted bits of cobweb hanging from all branches and twigs like shrouds, making a real Tim Burton-movie effect...
Anyanka

Postby Tricia on Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:55 am

Lovely photos Richard, but as I was caught up in the fog chaos at Heathrow late on 21 December, they served to remind me of BA losing our baggage (it was finally delivered last night, 27th, at 8:30pm). And after the hassle of queueing for an hour and a half, along with 50 other passengers from our plane, to make the lost baggage claim, missing our coach connection and arriving home at 11pm after being on the go since 6pm the previous evening - you know what? It will be a long time before I make a long haul trip again, and cetainly not with BA - however tempting their offers :roll: (We did have a lovely time in Canada though :lol: .)

Still, photos showing what our climate can throw at us can be very evocative. I just never seem to have my camera with me when needed :wink:.

Whoops :lol:, madly off topic again!
Tricia

Tricia

Postby alison on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:00 pm

Now Tricia you naughty girl :smt018 what punishment can you expect for going off topic :twisted: Ha Ha. You know jolly well that on this forum it doesn't matter if you go off topic. :smt052
Glad you had a lovely holiday and sorry about the return. You must have been exhausted.
Richard I still love these photo's. I bet you often take your camera to work. 50 acres Wow there must be plenty to photograph.
alison

Postby Kristin F. on Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:49 pm

Lovely photos, Richard :)

omg Tricia, so you're one of the many who were trapped at Heathrow .. a friend of mine is STILL missing her two bags.

..omg, Alison - I'm beeing naughty too (not!) :)
Kristin F.

Postby alison on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:49 pm

Kristin, I thought you were going to say your friend was still missing.... :shock: especially as the title here is 'Foggy Day' :D :D 'Lost in the fog' hmmm... I remember at school we once had to write an essay about being lost in the fog. I think I was 11 or 12 at the time.
alison

Postby kaz on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:48 pm

Tricia, you must've been exhausted... what with the time difference too. Jet lag after flying east is awful. You travelled on the same day as me (21st Dec). We literally had seconds to spare before the Eurostar left... we were late because of the travelling chaos caused by the fog - roads and Waterloo station very crowded.

Richard... your pictures are lovely. My very favourite pic of mine was taken at dawn with a heavy mist sitting on the big pond.
kaz

Postby retropwr on Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:40 pm

If I remember correctly you posted that picture somewhere, and I remember thinking at the time what a wonderful picture it was, then looking out at my postage stamp garden and going green with envy.
Richard
retropwr

Postby alison on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:52 pm

Richard you've got the best of both worlds really. A small garden so not as much work as Kazzie (though I must admit I am as green as you when I see pics of it) and a wonderful 50 acres of grounds you don't have to tend but can just look at and enjoy.
alison

Snowy day

Postby retropwr on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:20 pm

Took these at work on Thursday morning

Richard
retropwr

Postby Tricia on Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:22 pm

Great photos Richard - if it weren't for the lantern one could be excused for thinking they are black and white photos :).
Tricia

Tricia

Postby alison on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:38 pm

I thought I was in Narnia. Especially with the lampost shot. How brill would that have been. :P I've always loved The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.
alison

Postby retropwr on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:29 pm

That must be Mr Tumnus's footprints then.

I thought Narnia as well but not until I saw the picture, I wasn't trying for it, honest I wasn't. :)
Richard
retropwr

Next

Return to Post your pics