Winter scenes

You can show off your pics here

Moderators: alison, sonny

Winter scenes

Postby alison on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Sonny has taken these photographs over the last few days. The ducks and swans are on the frozen ponds at Fairburn Ings.
The Robin is so beautiful and just stands out so beautifully. The House is Temple Newsam House and is where the views are also taken.
I love the trees especially the last photo and I am so lucky because this is where I go for my early morning walk every day. I walk up the paths from the ponds and walk right round the outside of the house doing a circular walk taking everything in. It is lovely to see the changing seasons.

alison

Re: Winter scenes

Postby AJC on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:01 pm

the way the weather is alison it may well look like that again soon!

nice tho :)
AJC

Postby retropwr on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:28 pm

Lovely pictures once again. :) I wish you would post a poor quality picture now and again - then I wouldn't feel so bad about my pathetic attempts :lol: :D
Richard
retropwr

Postby alison on Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:41 am

Richard you really made me laugh so much then. :lol:
Sonny would say none of his pictures are really good. :shock: I don't think he realises how good they really are. They are much better than I could do even using the same equipment and standing in the same place. I think one day I might pinch one without him knowing and send it in to a magazine or something,.
I really like all your photo's that you put on. Didn't you put the one on that looked like Narnia? I think it was your place of work which is such a wonderful place to be able to work in. When I see people coming to work at Temple Newsam as I make my way back from my walk I often think how lucky they are to work in such a pretty place. :)
Alan the weather here yesterday was sleet and snow which doesn't look anywhere near as pretty as frost and only makes you feel miserable. It is meant to be the coldest winter for a long time isn't it?
The best thing about winter is that my pond water is so clear I can see to the bottom. I think I have 2 fish which might not make it through the winter but I have had them over ten years now and they were not babies then so I guess they have done okay.
alison

Postby retropwr on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Yes the Narnia picture was mine. The difference is I had no idea I'd taken it until I looked at it on the PC, it was pure luck :) whereas Sonny has obviously got a very keen eye for composing excellent pictures. :D

If it is a cold long winter at least it might kill off some of the 'imported' bugs that are starting to take over.
Richard
retropwr

Postby dampflippers on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:08 am

They are lovely Alison.
..but if I can be picky, the robin could have showed more of it's beak profile lol!
I echo Richard's sentiments.
dampflippers

Return to Post your pics