Winter flowers in the front garden

plants flowers shrubs and trees

Moderators: alison, sonny

Winter flowers in the front garden

Postby alison on Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:07 pm

A couple of weeks ago I decided that I would make a hanging basket for the winter months and also a couple of pots for the front door. I had bought a cone hanging basket at a bargain of a price and went off to buy the plants to fill it up. My sister and I went on our travels to York to a place called Browns Nurseries in Wiggington where we get our summer baskets from.
These pictures are of the result. Of course a couple of 'little flowers' also got in on the act called Bethany and Lucy just to enhance the front entrance :D
Apart from a few visits from the snail army which endevoured to eat it's way through the little white and yellow daisy type flowers all is still looking well and flourishing. I am sure that it will only get better. :D
alison

Postby Kristin F. on Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:57 pm

Your flowers look so lovely Alison :)
Those flowers are annuals here in Icy I'm afraid :(
I'm glad you have so mild winters :d

..and your beautiful flower girls, I remember seeing pictures of them when I browsed your site ;)
Kristin F.

Postby Kristin F. on Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:59 pm

OMG!
You've got a weather-banner 'installed' :o
so neat :)
Kristin F.

Postby alison on Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:55 pm

Yes I thought you might like that. :D I was surprized when I saw it as well because Sonny had done it without me knowing, so until I submitted my thread I didn't notice it either. It's a bit longer than yours but I think it is the same people who do it ,as part of the logo looks exactly like yours.
alison

Return to Flora