Clematis 'Bill McKenzie'

plants flowers shrubs and trees

Moderators: alison, sonny

Clematis 'Bill McKenzie'

Postby whis4ey on Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:41 am

We were given a cutting of this a few years ago and nothing happened
Suddenly this year loads of new blooms
It is supposed to grow to around 22 feet high :)
I am hoping that the blooms will replace the honeysuckle on top of the pergola which are now largely disappearing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whis4ey

Re: Clematis 'Bill McKenzie'

Postby alison on Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:01 am

It is lovely when a plant suddenly bursts into life when you are not expecting it. :D That was how I felt with my wisteria. Even though it is now about 3 years old and still hasn't flowered, (I know they sometimes say about 6 years before it will flower) it has grown lovely foliage when I hadn't expected it to do anything as the plant was so awful when it arrived. I potted it up into the bigger plant pot and completely forgot about it. :? When I went round the garden the following year I was so surprized to see it looking so wonderful.
It is a shame that the honeysuckle is not flowering for you as you wanted, maybe it is old now and the clematis can take over. I have never seen one this colour. Very nice. :D
alison

Postby whis4ey on Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 pm

The honeysuckle flowered superbly Alison. What I meant is that it is now past flowering and the clematis may well take its place at this time of year, at least it probably will next year when it gets stronger :)
whis4ey

Postby alison on Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:00 pm

Whoops.. not quite with it there was I :oops: I'm very glad to hear that the honeysuckle is doing well :lol:
alison

Postby whis4ey on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:44 am

The flowers are now opening
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whis4ey

Return to Flora