fish in trouble ??

Post here if you have any problems with your fish frogs etc and need advice.

Moderator: sonny

fish in trouble ??

Postby alison on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:03 am

I have a goldfish (well a light pinky one with a fancy tail) who is constantly having his tail in the air and his head down. Just like you see ducks when they go down to feed. It has been like it for weeks now and he seems okay. His tail doesn't come above the surface of the water. I just wondered if it was okay or was he ill. It doesn't seem to bother him, it just seems very unusual and he hasn't had this problem before. Anyone know anything about this problem???
alison

Re: fish in trouble ??

Postby dampflippers on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:57 pm

I'm afraid I don't know enough about fish to be able to offer advice. Is it still like that?
dampflippers

Re: fish in trouble ??

Postby alison on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Yes he is. But he is also now swimming normally which is wonderful to see. I think maybe he just likes to have his head down. He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort or have problems swimming. It just seemed very strange that everytime you saw him he had his head down and his tail up for hours on end. To look at him you wouldn't think there was anything wrong so I have decided I am not going to worry about him unless he starts to look ill. :D
alison

Return to Pondlife