The pond today

Talk about our ponds here

Moderators: alison, sonny

The pond today

Postby alison on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Here are some pics of the pond today. It is quite full with plants and one thing I wanted to ask anyone who has the bogbean plant. When is it due to flower?? I suppose I should take out some of the duckweed but I love to see the frogs put their little heads up through it. I will take out some of the watercress though as it has gone a bit mad and it looks untidy once it has flowered.

alison

Re: The pond today

Postby retropwr on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:55 pm

That is looking really nice.
Can't help with the Bogbean though.
Richard
retropwr

Postby Tricia on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Lovely photos Alison, (or should I say Sonny) - the pond is looking really lush.

I've already had two water lily flowers and more buds are above the waterline. How are yours doing?

Do you find that there is a lot of evaporation in this heat? I had to top mine up 10 days ago but it is already way down again so will have to get the hose out again tomorrow.

Tricia
Tricia

Tricia

Postby alison on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:50 am

Yes Tricia my pond is evaporating each day but it is so nice to see such sunshine that I don't mind topping it up every so often.
The waterlilys are coming up fine but no buds or flowers as yet. My Iris flowered late compared to normal by quite a few weeks but it was lovely when it did flower.
alison

Postby kaz on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Envious... Alison how lovely the pond looks
kaz

Postby alison on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Thankyou. :D At last there is a waterlily flower. It is white with a yellow centre. Very pretty. Today I have just noticed a straight stem with a bud on top among the reeds which were planted in last year. I can't wait to see what kind of flower comes from it.
alison

Postby alison on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:51 pm

The flower from the reed was lovely. A long stem with pretty pink flowers in a ball shape. I've still had no luck with the bogbean. I noticed a small bud a few weeks ago and now nothing,. I don't know what happened to it as it didn't flower and no more flowers have come either. The plant has gone mad with foliage though as per usual and is a few feet wide and looks really healthy. I just don't understand why it doesn't flower. :(
alison

Return to Pond talk