Wasp nest... eek

Post here for advice on anything in the garden.

Moderators: alison, sonny

Wasp nest... eek

Postby kaz on Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:10 pm

In this heat, I've been heavily pruning back an old willow tree (near my patio). Then... immediate 'down tools' once I realised there were hundreds of wasps :shock: What happens now? I've done a runner...
kaz

Postby Linda on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:52 pm

is this where you call the bug exterminator man.. like that chap out of men in black :smt066
Linda

Postby alison on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:38 pm

Was it definitely wasps not Hoverflies? :shock: Hmmm. I know I would have run away too. :smt118
You can ring the council or a pest control company to remove them but I don't know how expensive that will be. Why not get keith to come and remove it for you. Wrap a net curtain round his head and body (well maybe 2 net curtains ha ha :lol: ) I wonder if they don't like citronella candles like other insects. If they don't maybe you can burn a few near the nest until they all leave.
alison

Postby kaz on Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:25 pm

Oooh Linda, I think the men in black looked quite sexy :shock:

Actually, where are the men when you need them!!! Keith is away and Scott has gone AWOL - that's because we have the skip and there maybe work involved :roll:
kaz

Postby aitch on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi - don't know if this is too late now, but we had a wasp nest in the eaves of our garage when we were living in Newbury. A nice man from the council (not in black sadly) came and disposed of it for £35ish.

Well worth it - the entrance was just over the garage door and I had to duck every time I went in - just in case!
Aitch
aitch

Return to Gardening